Friday, March 31, 2017

Off-skates This Week

SCAR doesn't have access to Penn Skates this week due to events that take the skating floor, so we've been having meetings and rules discussion in their place, and a league meeting.

Good:
  • I feel like I'm like 90% on my awareness and understanding of the rules, broadly, and things like clock management.
  • Also, I'm not taking the week off from exercise. I'm just getting alternate forms of it, because we've got a game soon!

Not so good:
  • I am sometimes either bad at executing them in the moment or not great at being assertive about what I think would be most effective -- judgment that is sometimes even more evident to me in retrospect.  It helps that I am captaining Plan B, but I still struggle to be as aware and capable as I can be in the moment.
  • I'm not playing as active a power jam strategy as I could be. For one, even though I know this, I stopped dragging the pack back.  

To work on:
  • Systems or practices that help me work with the rest of SCAR to take advantage of my relatively solid knowledge of strategy and rules.
  • More active power jam strategy -- both discussing it with my team and implementing/leading with it myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment