Friday, March 31, 2017

Goodbye, Dad

My Dad died. It sucked. I was away for a week, with the kids, as my dad died, and I'm glad I did it, but I feel foggy and like I'm struggling back to reality.  It was very quick -- I cancelled a business trip to get down there and that was the right decision, as he was unconscious before I would have gotten there otherwise.  We were able to talk a bit, which was good, and he went out the way he lived, in control for the most part and assertive, and with him making the most of a tough situation.  I'm so glad that he had his heart transplant in 1997, and we've been able to have a lot of good years. But I still miss him.

My goal this week is to more or less put one foot in front of the other.  Next week, I am planning to work on getting back to or implementing higher standards/more ambitious things for myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment