Thursday, August 22, 2013

The Framework

Just a few notes on the structure I use to make it work.

There are a million tracking services out there, but personally I use Noom Weight Loss.  It's an app on my phone, based on the general concept o Volumetrics, and I find it to be mostly helpful and low-drama.

Fitness -- I have, basically, three commitments that I make to exercise.

1. Roller derby, which I play 2-3 days a week
2. Walking/running, which I do 2 days a week.
3. Horseback riding, which I do every Sunday. 

Personally, I just have to have commitments, such that I don't get into the game of mentally bargaining away my fitness opportunities.  Without an expectation that I do certain things at certain times, I'll come up with reason to let them slide or skip them altogether.

Food -- I have a CSA, which entails a cooler of produce being dropped off at my house every Friday all summer and into the Fall.  Otherwise I'd avoid buying produce, despite it being by far the healthiest thing that I should compose my diet of. 

So, that's the basic framework.

No comments:

Post a Comment