Saturday, February 25, 2017

Demoted, and it Feels So Bad

So...I got demoted from the Dolls to Plan B.  It wasn't entirely unpredictable.  We've gotten lots of great transfers, and people have matured, and meanwhile I've had some health challenges.  I'm currently working on some kind of blood sugar issue, which my doctor thinks may be connected to aspartame.  But I've also gained some weight and taken some time off, and now I'm paying for it. 

I have been wallowing this week a bit in the aftermath.  I'm not all that upset about the demotion, actually, but I also got coaching feedback that is pretty upsetting.  I took a few days to be angry about that.  I've also been sick.  I got glass in my eye, and spent a day home with it swollen shut.  Now I have some kind of respiratory funk -- I can play and I can more or less go about my business, but I sound terrible and I can't sleep.  So...shitty week.  

But. But. But. This isn't the first time people have underestimated me and I'm sure it won't be the last. And I gave them too much to work with.  So now my task is to look at the things I can control to mitigate that.  Because I'm not interested in accepting someone else's ideas about my limitations, and I too often apply ideas like that to myself anyway.  TL: DR: I'm going to formulate a plan to pick myself up and go back on the attack.  Wish me luck. 

No comments:

Post a Comment