Saturday, February 20, 2016

Meet my body


There's a project called the Derby Body Project,  which is derby girls photographed in derby wearing more or less what I'm wearing above.   They look great.  They look real.  They look like women kicking fucking ass.  I'm proud of them.    However,  I've also been terrified for many years for anyone to see my actual body.    I'm very self conscious.   And one of the most frustrating things for me to deal with now that I'm nearly two years post-babies is my belly -- it's fat, but it's also stretched.   I'd like to change that. On the other hand,  I carried two babies with that belly and it's the center of a body that's getting stronger and more capable by the day.  So here's to my body.    I plan to work on embracing it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment