Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Spinach, Mushroom, and Miso Soup

I'm doing this food study/diet, which involves me eating a lot of veggies and a lot of nonfat dairy. Here's the recipe for the above, which was pretty awesome and incorporated lots of fresh herbs from the back yard:

1 c. spinach
1 c. mushrooms
1 c. broth
minced garlic -- to taste. I had about the equivalent of 2 cloves
1 c. milk
1 tsp. miso
1 cube bouillon
thyme, basil, parsley
salt & pepper to taste

Oh, and did I mention I don't have a stove? You could make this like normal people do, but my instructions are for a microwave.

1. Chop spinach, mushrooms, herbs, and garlic -- cover with broth in a microwave-safe bowl and wrap in plastic. Microwave on high for 10 minutes, watching and adjusting once the mixture is simmering.
2. Take mixture, add 1 c. milk and remaining inredients, and use a blender to puree to taste (I pureed all of it 'cause I like it thick).
3. Salt & pepper to taste -- enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment