Wednesday, January 3, 2018

New Year, New Me

Over the last few months, a combination of stress and disrupted routine have led to my gaining some weight.  Now it's time to take it off.

What's my plan?

1. Nutri-System. Save your moralizing. I really don't care about it or feel bad because I don't feel like meal prepping, and the purpose of Nutri-system is to save me bandwidth that I need for my emotional and mental health.  I'm on Day Two of the Turbo Takeoff.  Not bad, generally. The food is mediocre, but I can eat infinite veggies, and I am. Plus lots of water.  Onward and upward!

2. DietBet.  'Cause reinforcement is good. I actually completed a Stepbet successfully in December, because my goal generally is to build consistency and overhaul my lifestyle.  As part of that, I built a daily habit of lunchtime walks and dog walking, and I intend to continue that.

3. Move! 6 days a week.  I joined the YMCA when we moved to Austin (though I belonged to the YMCA in Bellefonte, too), which is great for the kids but also gives me access to group fitness classes, swimming pools, etc. I also will be trying out for both a flat track and banked track derby team as soon as I can -- later in January. Hopefully that will mean 3-4 days of derby each week.

4. I get to work from home one day per week.  I intend to use the extra time saved by not commuting to keep my routine on track.

Here's to 2018, and a smaller, new me!

No comments:

Post a Comment