Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Best of Times...



And also the worst of times.  Not really, but this time of the year, I feel like I'm drowning in produce. And yet I wouldn't have it any other way.

Last week was the last week of my CSA, and as much as we love it and feel it's the right thing to do, we're always a little  relieved when we get the season-ending email.  Part of the issue is that it comes to an end at the end of October, a time that for both Chris and I is insanely busy at work.  Every counter top was full earlier this week with produce we hadn't yet processed.  And then our neighbor brought us a bag of peppers and Chris brought home a tray of very ripe tomatoes.  So over the weekend we cooked and canned and roasted and so on.  It was great, and I know that when it's cold and dark out it will be wonderful eating these delicious foods, picked at peak ripeness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment