Thursday, October 7, 2010

Plants I'd like to Plant

A list, in no particular order, of plants I'd like to work into my kinda bare back yard, as soon as I have some free time:
  • Viburnum "Mohawk."  These smell really heavenly right now.
  • Viburnum "Dawn." Likewise.
  • Helleborus foetidus.
  • Helleborus nigrens.
  • Helleborus whateverus.  I just love them.  All of them.
  • Blue Flag Iris.
  • Hammalacidae, Forthergilla Major or "Mount Airy"
  • Lilacs?
  • echinacea purpurea.
  • Oak Leaf hydrangeas.  And maybe a Lady in Red, if I can get beyond all the time and effort I put into the last Scarlet Strumpet that cursed/graced my garden.
  • Hostas -- sum & substance, blue angel.
  • Trillium.
  • Stachys.
  • Ghost ferns or painted lady ferns.
  • epimedium.
  • dicentra.
  • Hens & chicks.
  • wood poppy.
  • Some native azaleas, maybe a rhododendron or two.
  • forsythia
Really, this is just a list of my favorite botanical things.  But I have excluded those that won't grow this far north, such as my beloved tea olives.

No comments:

Post a Comment