Sunday, May 16, 2010

Reclaiming the Hell Strip and More

Whew. Let's see...

I had this great idea. I thought "hey, I'll pull up the slate in my hell strip and have a hell strip that's all cool like the one I linked here a few weeks ago. No biggie." Except it IS a biggie. It is a very biggie. The slate varies from 1' X1' to 4' X 3'. I had to have Chris's help. And Chris couldn't really do it easily, either.

So we pulled it all out. We put in 25 bags of topsoil, peat humus, and composted manure. And we planted and mulched. And I don't even have anything really awesome to show you guys for all of my work, either. Except a plant list and stuff. And this photo, which is of just some of the slate that we pulled out of two 6'X6' beds.

So...I'll put in some photos later. Meanwhile, here's what I planted where the slate used to be:


I also tidied beds out back and planted three varieties of blueberry, some rescue strawberries, and hellebores from my old yard. Then I mulched like nobody's business and now I'm in the public library looking like a vagrant and typing about it to you guys.

(Oh, did I mention I don't have internet at my house right now? Comcast is a sad, sad company with really poor customer service.)

No comments:

Post a Comment